Rutherford County Budget For 2010-2011
Budget Message Letter May 2010
Read the overview of the 2010/2011 budget by clicking on this link.
Highlights From The May Letter
$55 Million - Total amount to be spent by the county in 2010/2011 (a 3.4% reduction from the $57 Million in 2009/2010)
- $1.17 Million - Economic Development Commission.
- $1.89 Million - Isothermal Community College.
- $3.57 Million - Department of Social Services.
- $8.27 Million - Debt payments.
- $9.70 Million - Sheriff's Office, Detention center and Emergency Medical Services.
- $11.9 Million - Public Schools.
- $139,000 - Amount saved by forcing county employees to take 3 days off without pay in 2010/2011.
- $733,000 - Estimated amount spent from the county's savings account (fund).
- $2.06 Million - Estimated income from Emergency Services billing.
- $8.30 Million - Estimated amount to be collected from sales taxes.
- $8.85 Million - Federal & State contributions for Department of Social Services.
- $30.0 Million - Estimated amount to be collected from property owners as property tax.
Previous Year Budget Comparison From The May Letter
page revision: 16, last edited: 28 May 2010 22:48